Sunday, October 24, 2010

One Year Ago....

Lamine and I were married in a perfect, little ceremony in the early, autumn afternoon.  The only guests were my parents, my sister, and my grandmother.
We said the vows along with the justice of the peace, then exchanged our own in French.
After the ceremony, we shared a turkey sandwich in the back of my parents' car before returning home for the "reception."  We cut the cake and share our first dance.
And I threw the bouquet....
...which, between my grandmother and my sister, my sister caught.  All, in all, it was the perfect, intimate ceremony and after party.
I am so grateful for this past year. Lamine and I have had a more exciting year than anticipated-complete with baby on the way! But, it has been a wonderful year nonetheless.  Nkiema, Neeh Kanu ba ke le.


No comments:

Post a Comment