Thursday, October 28, 2010

Body after Baby

So, I haven't really thought much about getting back in shape after the baby.  I've struggled with body image issues in the past, but I'm just really not worried about it.  At all. I know that my body will eventually go back to normal or will develop a new kind of normal.  That being said, I have planned on getting something called the Belly Bandit or something similar. 
A lot of cultures wrap a woman's stomach after childbirth to help muscles go back to where they were.  I know it's not going to help me lose 20 lbs, but that's not what it's for, either.  A few days ago, though, I saw something that you use to wrap your hips after childbirth.
Seriously? How many wraps do I need? The pictures in the ad (I know, I know, it's an advertisement) showed the before and after of a woman's pelvis with or without the wrap, and it's a pretty big difference. I don't know.  I don't want to feel like a mummy right after birth, but they say you only have about 8 weeks for these things to be super effective. Ugh. Who knows.  

1 comment:

  1. Sooo, is it bad that i started laughing when the second picture pulled up? And I was thinking the same thing as you. I would have never thought about one of those things...but it is actually a pretty good idea!

    ReplyDelete