Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Baby Shower! Part I

So, on Saturday, My lovely sister Melissa:

threw me an AWESOME baby shower! The shower was originally supposed to be in Nampa, but after the car accident, I really wasn't up to driving six hours on Friday night and then another six hours on Sunday.  Melissa was so sweet and flexible and willing to improvise the shower.  We just had a few close friends (i.e. Heather and Dominica) come over, and we ate some delicious cupcakes and hung out at Melissa and Bryce's apartment.  The whole thing was just adorable.  Melissa set out baby bottles filled with M&M's and jars filled with sunflowers and wrapped in colorful cloth diapers.

She also bought me these beautiful gifts:


yes, it's in French!  which-for those who don't know, is the language that Lamine and I spoke (and still usually fall back on) when we were falling in love in Senegal and over the phone.  And....

and this is to give you an idea of what she did with the baby bottles-so cute!





My friend Heather, also got us this AMAZING fabric that I'm going to use to make the little guy's crib comforter.  This isn't the exact fabric, but it has the same colors, and I'll post an exact picture tonight. 



So pretty!  And Dominica got us the sweetest little onesie.  I'll post more pictures tonight, but I just had to give a little taste!

1 comment:

  1. haha. thank you for putting a picture from my bachelorette party up. too funny. anywho, glad you liked your substitute shower...you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete