Saturday, October 9, 2010

My friend and co-worker Mary Ellen and I found out we were both pregnant when we were both about 10 weeks along (well, we knew we were pregnant, but we discovered the pregnancies of one another).  Our due dates were five dates apart (hers five days before mine), and we have been able to discuss the oddities of pregnancy along with the excitement and anxiousness that comes along with this process.  Last week, Mary Ellen was admitted to the hospital with high blood pressure and she delivered a beautiful (well, I'm sure she's beautiful) little girl yesterday evening.  Everyone is doing well, and although their little girl will need to develop a little while longer in the hospital, she seems to be healthy.  I've received all of this information off of Mary Ellen's blog early this morning, so I hope she doesn't mind me announcing her news.

I am so happy that everyone is doing well, but I am also struck by the fact that she actually has a little baby girl....right now. I know logically  that at the end of this whole pregnancy deal I will have a baby, but sometimes it's difficult to really wrap my mind around it.  I can't believe that someday not too far off I'm going to meet this little creature who is busy kicking me in the ribs and who has recently discovered how to stick random body parts out of my stomach to create odd bulges and bumps.  Pretty crazy.....

No comments:

Post a Comment