Thursday, November 11, 2010

Lucky



When Lamine and I were doing the whole long distance thing while waiting for the visa, we would talk for as long as we possibly could every day, but at 25 cents a minute, it was never long enough.  We would write each other little letters throughout each day, and every couple weeks we would receive thick wads of little bits of paper with scribbled love notes.

I was bar tending for several months of this time, and I would write notes on the back of my orders.  One side of the paper would say "Grey Goose Mart. xtra dry, Cutty S. dble, Tang. G&T" and the other side would have my sloppily written notes-usually dreams of our future and what it would be like when we could be together again.

A couple days ago, as I was cleaning, I found my old order booklet and in one of the pockets, I found an unfinished love note. In this note, I told him how I couldn't wait for him to be able to come to the United States and how I couldn't wait to hold hands with him while walking down the street.

This morning, as we walked to work hand in hand, I felt so lucky and so blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment