Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Three Months



“Just when you think you now Love, something little comes a long to remind you just how Big it really is.”
Leigh Standley
 
My dear, sweet boy,

You will be three months old in a few hours, and as I write this, you are lying beside me, big brown eyes fixed on me typing and your rolly polly arms and leg moving like crazy. You’ve become so much more active these past couple weeks. You hardly ever hold still-even when you’re sleeping. You are also smiling a lot more and you laughed for the first time on Sunday-a beautiful, hysterical little laugh. Your Papa was snapping his fingers, and you thought it was so funny. You have yet to laugh again, but we are so excited to hear this new, sweet little sound in our daily lives.

We put you on our scale tonight and you weighed in at 17 ½ lbs. I’m not sure how accurate it is, but I think it must be pretty close. You are just growing out of your 3-6 month clothes and are officially in 6-9 month clothes. You have the sweetest, roundest little tummy I wonder how you’ll ever discover your feet. It doesn’t seem possible that you’ll be able to bend far enough over your tummy to find your feet, but I know you’ll reach this milestone soon enough as well.

I wanted to write you a little letter telling you how much joy you have brought into our lives these past three months. Your Papa and I love each other so much, and when we got pregnant with you I wondered how my heart could possibly expand to love someone else so completely. But it did, my darling. It expanded so much more than I ever thought possible and you have filled our lives with a new kind of love. You’ve only been in our lives for three months, but I know that being your mom is going to be my life’s greatest adventure.

Baby Boy, you are so loved.

Love,

Your Mama

1 comment:

  1. so sweet. what a cutie.

    also my boy is also in 9 months clothes and has been since he was about 4 months :-). he is now almost 6 months and moving on to 12 months. nice healthy babies !!!

    ReplyDelete