Tuesday, March 8, 2011

So proud

I am so incredibly proud of Lamine.  Sometimes I forget that he's only been here a year and a half.  I forget that he hasn't yet grown accustomed to all of our customs. I forget that he's not from here.  I forget that he doesn't speak English fluently.  I forget how absolutely exhausting it must be to live in a culture that is so completely different from your own-to almost never hear your native tongue-to live in a place where the pace of life is so very different from your own.  I let myself forget all of this, and I take for granted how well he's adjusted in such a brief period of time.  When I write everything out like this, I am so amazed by him.  He has had such a rough life, and he hasn't let himself become bitter.  Instead, he's been an example in patience and kindness to me.  So, that's it for now.  I am just feeling very appreciative of him today.


Also-he's been sending me text message pictures all morning of our cutie-patootie little boy :-)

1 comment: