Monday, January 3, 2011

To Samory

Dear Samory,

You are asleep on the bed next to me, and you are so beautiful I just can’t get over how much I love you. You are two and half weeks old, and you have already changed so much. You are so much more alert now and you have started trying to hold up your own head and sometimes you’re Papa and I can swear you’re trying to smile at us. Last night we dressed you in your 0-3 month clothes instead of your newborn clothes. And they fit. It already makes me a little sad to see how quickly you are growing. In the same breath, watching you grow and develop is by far the most exciting thing that has ever come into my life.

When you look up at me with your big eyes, I can’t remember why I was so freaked out about being a mom. Already, I love you so much more than I could ever imagine and I can’t wait to see you continue to grow. I imagine you smiling (really) for the first time, laughing, watching you crawl across the lawn this summer, playing with you in the snow next winter, playing hide and seek, helping you build your first fort out of the couch cushions and sheets in the living room, and all the other exciting adventures we’re going to have.

I love you so much, Sam, and I feel so blessed to be your Mama.

2 comments:

  1. Oh he is so handsome! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. They are so peaceful when they sleep :) Congratulations on your newest addition!

    I'm your newest follower:
    http://penelopeblue.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete