Monday, January 31, 2011

crafts for the not-crafty

I've done one "craft project" since Samory was born. Honestly,  I kind of envisioned myself doing all of this stuff to make his room and our new apartment cozy, but I've just been so wrapped up in him, that I haven't really bothered. Also, we don't know how long we'll stay here, and we don't want to spend a bunch of money decorating a space that we may only live in for a few months.

That being said, I can take this project with us where ever we end up. Months ago, I bought these squares of African Wax fabric from a seller on Etsy, but I haven't known what to do with it.  I've been scanning design blogs for ideas, and this is the one that stuck:

I just bought some embroidery rings (that are super cheap by the way), and chose a few of the fabrics to feature.  I love finding ways that I can incorporate Senegalese culture into our home in new and interesting ways.  

1 comment:

  1. that looks so good! i may have to do some variation of that myself something. :)

    ReplyDelete