Thursday, June 16, 2011

Six months

My sweet baby boy,

You are six months old.  In another six months you won't really be a baby anymore. You'll be a toddler. It seems so unfair. So unfair that I only get these sweet moments for a few months. There is just this small, super brief period of time in which you are completely dependent on me, and I can already feel it slipping away. You have been sitting up on your own for a little while now, but you've really started to turn your concentration to crawling and standing.  Whenever we sit you down, you immediately lunge forward onto your hands and knees.  From there, you'll rock back and forth a few times. Whenever you try to move out of this position, though, it usually ends in a silly face plant. 

 You are so absolutely and completely the light of our lives. You have filled our home with so much more joy than we ever thought possible. Last night, I just held you for hours, looking at your chunky little wrists, running my hands over your fuzzy head, and just gazing deeply into your brown eyes. Six months. Wow. I can't believe that six months ago today, I held you for the first time. I can't believe how utterly and completely our lives have been transformed by your presence.

I feel like everything that I'm writing is totally inadequate.  You are just everything to us, and I wish so badly that I could express how much we love you.  With you, every day is precious.  With you, every day is filled with meaning. With you, everyday is an adventure, and I can't wait to see where we end up. 

We love you so much, Samory.

Happy Six months! 

2 comments:

  1. Happy 6 months Samory! He's gorgeous and this is so beautifully written; but words are not nearly enough to express our mothers love are they?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! It's such an amazing blog I must say! So, full of colours!! I'm sure mothers would love it! Talking of mothers, my sister who just recently got married, told me about a website where there are some most amazing applications for baby monitoring, baby names as well as food and weight etc. Seeing many mothers would be delighted to see them, I so wanted to share it. So here you go: http://www.mobilemediacity.com/portfolio
    Do check it out! :) I'm sure you'd love it!
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete