Thursday, June 23, 2011

sending prayers up for senegal

There has been talk of riots in Senegal for a little while now, but they have now erupted in full force. I won't link to any pictures here as you can find them on any news site today. It breaks my heart. It is so easy to read stories of far away places and think, "another war in the Middle East" or "more violence in Africa," and not have any real emotional reaction.  But these are people. They are no different than you or me.  They just had the poor luck to be born in a poor country. As I scrolled through the articles this morning, I caught myself gasping at the violence.  A few years ago,and that might have been Lamine demonstrating. 

Anyway. My thoughts and prayers are with Senegal today and with Lamine's family.

No comments:

Post a Comment